Custom Touch Screen Sensors and PCAP Sensor Test Fixtures
CV0452021-200 P-CAP Test Fixture
Projected Capacitive Touch Sensor and Test Fixture
Test Fixture GUI
- 20,000 plus test cycles per elastomeric cartridge
- Top, bottom, and mixed contact orientations
- Designed for testing custom and standard P-Cap Sensors
- Easily replaceable soft contact cartridges eliminate pad damage
Typical Path to Functional PCAP Testing
1. Use “Contact Us” page to initiate communication.
2. Share a mechanical drawing.
3. Describe the connectors being used in the application.
4. Indicate the anticipated number of fixtures and timing of the project.
5. Z-Axis will evaluate the information and you will receive a quote.
The quote will include pricing and delivery for a standard high speed test controller, custom programming, interface PCB with corresponding application connectors, and an optional custom Z-Axis Flat Flex Test Fixture. This lever action or automatically actuated fixture allows for large insertion counts without damaging the fragile OEM flip lock system connectors. Further automation can be offered to robotically handle the touch screen sensor assembly and insert the unit into the Z-Axis “Quick Connector”. Once in place, the PCAP sensor quickly goes through the automated test.
Projected Capacitance Touch Screen Sensor Testing Concept
The P-CAP tester measures the admittance of nodes where each node is formed by a cross section between a row electrode and a column electrode. The tester sends an AC voltage on a row and calculates the current returning on a column. There is also the ability to view an image of the test results, seeing each node and it’s value. The user can save the sensor image as well.
The CV0452021-200 Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Tester features three main pieces of hardware. The test controller, which is the black box to the left. This is the main functional circuit that measures the admittance of the sensor’s row-column cross sections, calculates the values and sends the data to a computer. The second piece of hardware is the test adapter, the green circuit connected to the test controller. This adapter contains the traces and connections that drive the test signals to corresponding rows and columns. The final piece of hardware is the quick connector, the aluminum unit which the DUT is inserted. Our quick connector is rated at 20,000 plus cycles, whereas a standard ZIP-Lock connector has a limited actuation life.
System Requirements and Software
- PC with Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Software installation of test files provided by Z-Axis
We are an experienced team focused on custom touch screen sensors and PCAP sensor test fixtures, evaluation units can be made available, please contact us today for OEM touch screen test solutions!