Revolutionary Soft-Contact Test Fixtures
Many electronic manufactures, installing parts into products, face testing challenges including the following:
- Damage to the device under test (DUT)
- Interrupted and inefficient workflow.
- Different testing equipment is required to facilitate different applications.
The design features of the Z-Axis Flexible Test Fixture solves these problems. It is simple and intuitive, user friendly, with a durable and rugged design. Unlike other test fixtures, the Z-Axis Flexible Test Fixture’s unique design provides:
- Soft contacts that eliminate damage or permanent markings to the DUT
- Utilizes an easy Lever Actuation that can be repeated for thousands of cycles before any maintenance is required.
- Human scale that mounts to the bench to facilitate smooth and efficient workflow.
- Universal Design: a single Z-Axis Flexible Test Fixture fits most FFC and FPC applications.
What are FFCs and FPCs?
Both FFCs (Flexible Flat Cables), and FPCs connectors (Flexible Printed Circuit) are used to connect electronic devices, but they differ in their construction and design.
FFC connectors consist of a flat, flexible cable that has conductive traces running along its length. These cables are typically made of plastic or a similar flexible material, and they are often used to connect display screens or other components to a circuit board. FFC connectors are usually designed with a clamping mechanism that holds the cable in place and maintains a reliable connection.
FPC connectors, on the other hand, are made from a thin, flexible sheet of material that has conductive traces printed onto its surface. These connectors are often used in small electronic devices where space is limited, such as smartphones or digital cameras. FPC connectors can be designed with different contact patterns and shapes to accommodate a variety of electronic components.
In summary, while both FFC and FPC connectors are flexible, flat cables used for connecting electronic components, FFC connectors are made of a flat, flexible cable, whereas FPC connectors are made from a thin, flexible sheet of material with conductive traces printed on its surface.
Creating the Connectors that Fit Your Product, Tolerances and Budget
PCAP Touch Screen Test Fixture
The P-CAP tester measures the admittance of nodes where each node is formed by a cross section between a row electrode and a column electrode.
High Speed Cable Tester
Low profile ZIF and LIF (zero and low insertion force) connectors are used to interface FFC – FPC circuits to PCBs.